Saturday, May 15, 2010

Austin W. Simmons

After much interest, I've decided to put up a dedicated 'blog' of sorts about my grandfather Austin W. Simmons who passed away this week.  The goal is not to create a 'blog' per se, but rather post up the information I've found and researched about his amazing life for others to enjoy. 

I will be covering as much as I possibly can from his entry into service through his retirement from the USAF in 1963.  Including WW2, the Korean War and his time as the H1 Base Commander in Iceland during the Cold War. 

Feel free to subscribe and check back often as I'll try and update this as frequently as I can.  There's a large bit of history to sift through so please be patient.

1 comment:

  1. What a great tribute to your grandfather,and
    i just loved reading about theses 8th airforce
    vets.What a pity Austin is'nt still with us.Theses are the real Heros.
    Regards
    Richard Chapman FO 381st

    ReplyDelete